Love is in the air!
Why not make these pancakes for someone you love this month!
Valentine's Day Pancakes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Allergens: Egg, dairy (optional)
Skills: Cracking an egg, using a blender, flipping a pancake
Ingredients you’ll need:
• 200g strawberries (100g for the batter and 100g for decorating)
• 100ml milk (1/2 cup)
• 100g oats (1 cup)
• 1 banana
• 1 egg (or 1 tbsp of chia seeds or flax seeds)
• Greek yogurt to serve (or dairy free alternative)
• Chopping board and knife
• Measuring scales
• Non-stick frying pan
• Spatula200g strawberries (100g for the batter and 100g for decorating)
1. Measure out 100g of strawberries
2. Add them to your blender jug with the milk, oats, banana and egg
3. Whizz until smooth
4. Heat your frying pan on a medium heat – if it isn’t a non-stick pan then add a little coconut oil or butter to prevent sticking
5. Pour 3 small circles of your batter into the frying pan as shown in the picture
6. Flip after 3-4 minutes using a spatula – if they are still sticky and difficult to flip then let them cook for another minute
7. When they are golden on each side pop your cooked pancakes on a plate to cool and repeat step 5 and 6 with the remaining mixture
8. Now cut up the remaining strawberries into heart shapes (or any shape you like!) – you can use cutters or a blunt knife for this
9. Plate up your pancakes and decorate them with your heart strawberries!
10. Serve with Greek yogurt (or dairy free alternative). These pancakes can also be stored in the fridge for a couple of days – they make great fingerfood!
Recipe provided by Little Cooks Co